[Asterisk-Users] Outbound delay

Christopher Barmonde cb at maculon.com
Wed May 25 09:12:08 MST 2005

At our office, we are experiencing a short, but damaging, delay when we
make outbound calls.  It seems like it doesn't start giving us the audio
until after the first 500-1000ms of the call, so instead of hearing
"Thanks for calling X Company, how may I help you?" we'll hear "y I help
you?" or something along those lines.  There are times when we won't
hear the opening at all and the person on the other end will just hang up.

This is obviously not very acceptable and I'm trying to find out where
the problem is occurring.  I've tried disabling all the echo features,
upgrading our phones' software (Polycom Soundpoint IP 500s), but to no
avail.  My real question is whether this would be an issue with asterisk
or our phones, or whether it would be an issue with our VoIP provider.
Thanks for any help.