[Asterisk-Users] CallerID

Wed May 25 09:11:50 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-24 at 23:45 +0200, Michiel van Baak wrote:
> Anton,
>
> We have this setup working in our webbased php app.
> The process is like this:
> When a call comes in, we launch a php agi script. This agi
> script does a SQL query in our contacts database to see if
> one of our customers has a phone number record that matches
> ${CALLERID}. If so, it will put this customers database id
> in a temporary table. In our application we have a php
> script that turns this table into a xml file, and that xml
> file is read by a little javascript thing in our php
> webbased app.

I understand everything up to "In our application ..."

I don't understand how it can be efficient (server CPU/bandwidth/etc)
for the client to constantly poll the DB to see if there is anything
there yet... Also, if you poll less frequantly, then your phone is
already ringing before the data arrives which is also not so great...

Regards,
Adam
Adam Goryachev
Website Managers