[Asterisk-Users] rxfax(spandsp-0.0.2pre18) and HT488

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed May 25 08:53:53 MST 2005

> >>Actually, that page explains why he is wasting his time. It wasn't
> >>intended as background material. It was intended as the minimum needed
> >>to get people off my back when they insist that if they use ulaw or alaw
> >>FAXing over a VoIP channel must be OK. Its the only support for this
> >>kind of issue they will get from me.
> >>

> >Wow, I didn't get it and I'd bet the OP didn't either.
> >

> So let me get his clear. If I don't document things I am in the wrong,
> whereas if I do document them I am in the wrong. Is that it?
>
> What is the page supposed to say? Something like:
>
> IF YOU TRY TO FAX OVER A VOIP CHANNEL YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME. DON'T
> WASTE MINE.

That's probably not a bad approach at all. The reader can certainly
understand those words, and likely generate less noise on both this
list and your personal email address.

Overall, its my opinion (for whatever that might be worth) that some
helpful doc explaining what the debug messages mean would go _a_very_
long_way towards reducing the repetitive postings, and highly likely
to reduce the number of personal requests you get for assistence.

I'd probably include the same kind of screaming comment regarding
attempts to use spandsp with digium's TDM card, and, versions of
supporting software known to work.

Without those, the postings and email will simply continue. :(