[Asterisk-Users] Digium Wildcard X100P Error

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Tue May 24 23:48:17 MST 2005

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 08:18:24AM -0400, Christopher Kenna wrote:
> Sorry about last posting, typo...
>
> I just added 2 Digium X100P cards. When my * box boots, it found them
> and configured them. When I enter genzaptelconf, it comes back with
> the following error:

genzaptelconf generates zaptal.conf and a zapata.conf snippet mostly
based on /proc/zaptel

> line 13: Unable to open master device '/dev/zap/ctl'
> Unloading zaptel hardware drivers:

Is this the output from genzaptelconf? (which means '-d' or '-u' was
used)

> Removing zaptel module:  rmmod: module zaptel is not loaded

This can't come from getzaptelconf. This seems to come from a redhat-ish
init.d script (well, Mandrake and SuSE have similar, but probably not
identical functions).

> Waiting for zap to come online ...OK
> Running ztcfg:                                             [  OK  ]
>
> Am I missing a step? It doesnt seem to have added the port.

Yes, the step where you write to us in the mailing list something about
the version of Asterisk/zaptel you use ;-)

Version of zaptel?
from where exactly?

Output of the following:
lsmod |grep zaptel
cat /etc/zaptel.conf
cat /proc/zaptel/*
#not the best diagnostics test, as it may modify the system:
ztcfg -vv

genzaptelconf should generally work with HEAD and (after minor fixes
from yesterday) should be rather distro neutral, except in writing the
results of the drivers detection.