[Asterisk-Users] echo problem

Terry H. Gilsenan thg at interoil.com
Tue May 24 22:33:23 MST 2005

I am using the "Pro" version of the software and it coexists fine with all
my other apps, including the GMS phone application on the 6325 The SIP calls
seem clearer than the GSM calls.

> > Do you have echo problems with any of the other phones on your
> > asterisk server?
> >

> Hard to say they are laptops with no headset.  As such the
> echo problem can be minimized to the point that be ear (yes a
> bad way to test) it sounds like its all feedback...

I would have thought that using the ear was the _best_ way to test for
echo/feedback.

I use iaxphone with a usb handset on my laptop and that works fine too. I
did find that there were no adequate software solutions for the laptop using
the speakers and built-in microphones, but as soon as the headset or USB
handset were added, most of them work fine.