[Asterisk-Users] Re: origination providers (mike castleman)

M O martinoshield at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 13:38:14 MST 2005

Mike,

Martin O'Shield here from WindyCitySDR.

>From: mike castleman <mlc at democracynow.org>
>Subject: [Asterisk-Users] origination providers
><asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>

>hi folks,

>Has anyone found a good (and, ideally, cheap -- we
>don't really want any per-minute charges) origination
>provider which can handle a moderate number of
>simultaneous incoming calls (to the same, single
DID)?

How many simultaneous incoming calls do you want to
" Plan " for?  If it less than what you are thinking,
you are safe, but if it is a magnitude higher than
what you think, callers calling into a overwhelmed
system is not your "End Goal".

You could run Ser and Asterisk on the same box :)

>Many of the providers I've tried contacting either
>won't call me back, or want me to sign an NDA just to
>get a rate quote, or some other bullshit. Most of the
>providers whose rates are plainly posted on their
>website have a limit of at most 4 or 6 simultaneous
>calls, which is not likely to be enough for the
>application I'm considering.

Txlink.net, ask to speak with Kristi Eggers.

>You can reply off-list or on-list, as you prefer.

>many thanks,
>Mike

Martin