[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice delivers CID even when restricted?

Darren Nickerson darren.nickerson at ifax.com
Tue May 24 12:58:50 MST 2005

"Matthew Crocker" <matthew at crocker.com>:

> I know David Epstein and Dan Geopp personally,  they are good guys,
> posting their direct office numbers on the mailing list is extremely  bad
> form.

As someone who has been given unacceptably vague, meaningless and often
blatantly dishonest replies from badly trained support "staff" over the past
three weeks, I'm glad to see these numbers released. Broadvoice has no
escalation procedure ..., and they simply don't have any information for the
people who eventually answer the phone to give to customers. I mean if
you're going to pick up the phone, you'd think someone would at least tell
them what to say!?

They may be nice guys but their handling of this recent crisis means that
they should anticipate taking a few calls.

After three weeks of "we're working on it - call us in a few days" answers,
we've been told that Broadvoice doesn't have inbound 800 service any more,
and that they haven't actually been looking into our issue at all, since
it's a network-wide failure whose reasons they understand, but just don't
generally divulge. Apparently they're working with a new carrier to bring
800 back, but at this time it's completely out of service (can anyone
confirm this?).

And yet I can still buy an instant-activation 800 number online, and have
been able to for this entire period.

I've been  a loyal customer, been patient and stuck with them for weeks. All
I want now is the truth, and it's good to have new numbers at which to seek
that truth. If inbound 800's not coming back, I'll look elsewhere for
inbound 800 service and pick through the pros/cons of the various other
ITSPs who have been reported to interoperate (with varying degrees of
success) with Asterisk. If it really is coming back in any meaningful way, I
can wait a few more weeks.

-d