[Asterisk-Users] two isdn cards

Stankiewicz Michael mike at thundersystems.it
Tue May 24 06:43:39 MST 2005

thanks to all for your help
i've keeped busy myself reading tons of documentation at
http://www.voip-info.org/
and
http://idsn.jolly.de
and between pratical hw/sw experiences and theory ... i'm stuck.
my configuration should be the following:
hardware idsn nt1 ----> input isdn card on asterisk ----> output isdn
card on asterisk ----> outer isdn line
i'm quite sure that sw side is correct and, again, i've got doubts on
the cables, since your two responses (thanks a lot to Alex and Emanuele
{ciao}) are opposite.
i've made 2 cables, following the schemes one here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_configuration_example09186a008010ef6c.shtml
and the second here:
http://www.gcom.com/home/support/t1crossover.html
and both don't work.
so my questions are:
is my configuration possible ?
again, which cable should i use ? it's correct to mod an ethernet cable
?
should i put the 100 ohm resistors somewhere ? (Emanuele: you wrote that
the bus should be terminated, but the resistors should not be on the
cable itself; where should they go ?)

before that configuration i've tryied the basic one:
asterisk with one isdn card ---> pstn
and all worked like a charm

sorry for that boreness, i'm a newbye smashing his brain on telephony
technology jargon from only one week,
for sure i'll publish a detailed how-to on that project as soon as all
that stuff starts to work
thanks to everyone
mike