[Asterisk-Users] Problems trying to compile H323 from CVS-STABLE

Rod Bacon rod.bacon at empoweredcomms.com.au
Mon May 23 20:30:23 MST 2005

Tony, I have managed to compile both versions (on separate servers,
obviously), and have them working. My question is specifically related
to "which one do I choose?".

To get the "internal" version working, I used the oldest versions of the
libraries that I could find. Specifically, the 28th Aug 2003 builds from
voxgratia.org (PWLib 1.5.3 and OpenH323 1.12.3)

When I first loaded it, I DID get output from "h.323 show codecs"...
now, strangely, it's empty. Also, "h.323 show tokens" reveals nothing.
Call establishment, audio, call teardown all seem OK, but all calls seem
to be in ULAW, no matter what I specify.

The oh-323 channel seems OK, but doesn't like to play with certain
codecs. I'm also concerned with the file handle situation you described.
How can I debug this to see what is happening? (I'm not a programmer, so
be gentle!)

Rod Bacon - VOIP Systems Engineer
Empowered Communications
Ground Floor, 102 York St. South Melbourne
Victoria, Australia. 3205
Phone: +613 99401600    Fax: +613 99401650