[Asterisk-Users] Astersik vs. Pingtel

Gregory Wiktor - ADCom Corp. gw at adcomcorp.com
Mon May 23 19:59:50 MST 2005

I have a pingtel hardphone, and while it's nice, I suspect that asterisk
will kick butt over pingtel's ambitions.  An example is, sipfoundry does
not have the support or ease of use as asterisk.  I suspect they are in
it for the enterprise business model, which is good, but all the nice
features come from us 'VOIP Entreprenuers', who see possibility and
invent it's use.  My pingtel phone feels like a dot.com startup/failure.
A phone which cost around 700 or so, and is not even half as good as a
cisco 7960 or polycom ip700.

Pingtel was probably not making the money they wanted with their gateway
services, and their website was never really up to par.  The surprise
is, that they are still around at all after selling their hardphone
division.

Just my 2 cents...

Greg