[Asterisk-Users] E1 PRI Warnings

Klaus-Peter Junghanns kpj at junghanns.net
Mon May 23 10:43:14 MST 2005

Am Montag, den 23.05.2005, 12:07 -0400 schrieb Jorge Verastegui:
> Hi,
>
> I've connected a TE110P from digium with a 2 E1 to a Siemens PBX using
> asterisk from ubuntu linux.
>
> Everything is working as expected. This box is being used as a H323
> gateway to the pstn. There are few complains but it is working pretty
> well overall.
>
> There is one thing that is bothering me.
>
> Asterisk says:
>
> May 22 05:03:39 WARNING[9360]: PRI: !! No channel map, no channel, and no ds1?  What am I supposed to identify?
> May 22 05:03:39 WARNING[9360]: PRI: !! Unable to add IE 'Channel Identification'

That is a bug in libpri. The Siemens sends a RESTART message containing
no Channel Identification IE. This is perfectly valid according to the
ETSI standard. It is supposed to restart the entire interface ( == all
B channels). Asterisk doenst reply to this RESTART message with a
RESTART ACKNOWLEDGE message so the Siemens might be unsure about the
state of the B channels and wont send incoming calls to Asterisk
(however outgoing calls might still work and "restart" B channels
on those used channels).

A simple fix (ripped from bristuff) would be to put a:
        if (msgtype == Q931_RESTART_ACKNOWLEDGE) {
            return 0;
        }

before the lines:
        pri_error("!! No channel map, no channel, and no ds1?  What am I
supposed to identify?\n");
        return -1;

in q931.c (function static FUNC_SEND(transmit_channel_id)).

Then Asterisk replies with a RESTART ACK message containing no
Channel Identification IE.

best regards

Klaus
--