[Asterisk-Users] two isdn cards

Emanuele Pucciarelli ep at acm.org
Mon May 23 07:50:19 MST 2005

Stankiewicz Michael wrote:

> i followed this how-to:
> http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20zaphfc%20install26
> having in response no sign of life.

If the module doesn't even get installed, or the kernel does not report
any card as recognized, you could tweak the initialization routines to
add PCI IDs for your own cards, and hope they work correctly.  If the
cards are recognized, there should be nothing to worry about: either
they work with zaphfc or they don't, modulo interrupt troubles.

> the software side is pretty straightforward but i have many doubts on
> the hardware deployment:
> 1- the idsn cable going from asterisk to the NT sould be a cross cable ?

Yes.  But not an Ethernet cross-cable, an ISDN cross-cable; there's a
pointer on the wiki to a page on isdn.jolly.de explaning how the cable
should be made, and suggestions about how to take advantage of a disused
NT.  I reckon that telephony folks call it an "ISDN TX/RX" cable.

> 2- it should have 100 ohm resistors (if yes, where can i find the
> schemes )?

Yes, the bus should be terminated (so the resistors don't have to be on
the cable itself).  A full description of the bus is in the ETSI
standard for ISDN layer 1 (www.etsi.org).

--
Emanuele