[Asterisk-Users] SendDTMF into a conference room

Michael Blood Michael at Matraex.com
Mon May 23 07:26:12 MST 2005

I have been trying to figure a way to SendDTMF into a MeetMe room using
the Manager API.

I can't redirect everyone into another context and then bring them back
because that would mess up my logic.
I am trying to use local channels and the originate Action to accomplish
this.

  Exten: 3441115
  ActionID: actid-00000001
  Context: senddtmftones
  Action: Originate
  Channel: Local/Conf28 at conferencescont

; Conf28 puts me into Conference 28

;context is to put the channel into the conference number equal to the
extension that the pass in.
[conferencescont]
exten => _[A-Za-z0-9].,1,MeetMe(${EXTEN}|mdxAq)

[senddtmftones]
exten => _.,1,Answer                          ; I have tried with and
without the Answer here.
exten => _.,2,SayDigits(${EXTEN})       ;I hear the digits spoken
exten => _.,3,SendDTMF(${EXTEN})     ;I dont hear the DTMF tones

I can hear the SayDigits but then I never hear the SendDTMF.
I originally thought that the tones are sent the wrong way on the
channel?

So I tried.

  Exten: Conf28
  ActionID: actid-00000001
  Context: conferencescont
  Action: Originate
  Channel: Local/3441115 at senddtmftones

Same thing.  I hear the SayDigits audio but not the SendDTMF.
No matter which way I create the Local channel I get the same line at
the asterisk console.

	-- Executing SendDTMF("Local/3441115 at senddtmftones-5f5f,2",
"3441115") in new stack

Is there another solution?
How has anyone handled this in the past.
I have seen other posts where people are trying to do the same thing and
have not had any success so I am wondering if something new would have
to be built.  If so I would be willing to start a bounty on it.

Thanks in advance.

Michael