[Asterisk-Users] realtime excessive database queries

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Sun May 22 18:44:27 MST 2005

On 5/22/05, Preston Garrison <preston at mailblocks.com> wrote:
> Why not add the code to do so?

I'm not the best C programmer or I would.  I can see what needs to be
done and could put all the logic together, but the actual coding would
take me a while.

 The biggest problem is several routines
> would need to be modified to pass around the data. It was just easier
> to put hooks in all the functions for the database. Writing your own
> database interface and caching the queries could do it as well.

I was thinking about using postgresql with odbc since postgresql has
an interface to memcached which we use a lot anyways.  And with
postgresql I could just use a few rules to rewrite the queries from
asterisk and not have to touch the asterisk odbc code.  This also
makes sense for us because we are already using postgresql with
memcached for a bunch of other stuff.

Chris