[Asterisk-Users] more than one company hosting their PBX on thesame machine?

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Sun May 22 18:01:42 MST 2005

Chris Mason (Lists) wrote:

>This interests me as I find I have several customers who cannot afford a
>complete hosting computer but need some extensions online. Domains are of no
>importance, I would think you cold give them each a block of extensions,
>i.e., 1xx, 2xx, they would know there were other companies on the machine
>but why would they care?
>What would be the issues? IVRs? I think voicemail has context for multi
>company hosting.

I don't think that such a restriction has to be made, since you can have
each phone and each line into a different contxt.
To call from line 1 to extension 501 could be different than from line
2. Same from the phones.
Sure, you need to make than for each phone the short number 501 and an
extra large real one, so that you can distinguish them in the CDRs, ...

bye

Ronald