[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on NetBSD

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Sat May 21 11:53:23 MST 2005

I was reading on the wiki that Asterisk runs very solid on NetBSD.
Can anyone comment? What is the definition of solid? Who is running
Asterisk on NetBSD and which version of Asterisk are you running?

Also, I know there is limited support for Digium cards on NetBSD, but
is there any support at all? Would a TE410P work in NetBSD? I want to
build a very simple VoIP to TDM gateway. My idea is only to have the
box connect to the PSTN with a TE410P and send or receive calls to
other asterisk boxes using IAX2. The communication with the other
boxes should be limited to only ulaw since they will be connected
via, at the very least 100Mbps FastE. It doesn't even have a need to
do any SIP or any other protocols, other than IAX2. Which version of
Asterisk would you recommend would be most stable for this?

Thanks,
Waldo