[Asterisk-Users] Set CallerID in zapata.conf with QuadBri or other solution with parallel call signalling

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Sat May 21 04:23:27 MST 2005

On Sat, 21 May 2005, Companity wrote:

> The sip phones and the internal phones on the PBX see the number of the
> calling party correctly (e.g. 040-987654321). Cause we can´t set a
> callerid to the public phone network (to show the calling party number),
> we want to show an extension of our numbers on our isdn-bri (asigned by
> Carrier, e.g. our numbers are 12345-0 to 12345-99). If we use our

[snip]

Most (or some?) operators will actually allow you to set the outgoing
"calling party number" provided you have signed a separate agreement.

ETS 300 092-1 by default requires a strict checking of the calling number
(paragraph 9.3). An alternate method available by special ararngement
(paragraph 9.4) allows the sending of unscreened calling numbers. In this
later case Annex B allows the network to add the network provided calling
party number after the unscreen part.

Similar rules are in effect in the USA.

Peter