[Asterisk-Users] Who knows where voicepulse has their asterisk servers?

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Fri May 20 17:51:07 MST 2005

InternetMarketingMan2001 wrote:

> I want to collocate an * box somewhere, where better than where
> voicepulse chose to put their servers?
>
> They probably did their homework and selected someplace where good
> handoff to the pstn can be found, right/

You want to coloc close to where YOU get the handoff. If you are getting
pri's you want your interface hardware to be physically close to them.
If you are getting all your traffic over IP, you want to be close
network-wise(fewest hops) to the carrier/provider. In the latter case it
would be ideal to have a LAN connection between your servers and the SIP
gateways so you would want to coloc in the same data center. Anybody
wanting to sell wholesale to you should wnat you to have the right
information because it helps you to do more volume with them.