[Asterisk-Users] Displayed CallerID on Polycom 500 shows CALLER NAME only

Chris Coulthurst asterisk at shuksan.com
Fri May 20 12:19:06 MST 2005

Does anyone know how to change the display format of caller id on the
screen of a polycom 300/500/600?

When I call FROM my 'shop phone 203' TO my 'office phone 201', a Polycom
500, it only says 'Shop' as the calling party.  More specifically, the
two lines look like this:

Incoming call from:
Shop

I'm looking for a way to make it use both lines for caller id, thus
read:

Shop
203

..instead.  Now that I have a working Name/Number caller ID script, I
want to see the number of the caller as well as the name, but so far it
just says the name!  I can go into the 'received calls' log and look at
the info screen to see the number, but that doesn't sound very
practical.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris Coulthurst
 <mailto:chris at shuksan.com> chris at shuksan.com