[Asterisk-Users] Outbound dialing issue with FXO

Johnathan Corgan jcorgan at aeinet.com
Fri May 20 07:01:43 MST 2005

John Novack wrote:

> ...along with detection of stutter dial tone on analog lines.

This would be somewhat useful.  When there is stutter for whatever
reason, outbound dialing must be delayed a couple seconds.  Some times
my PSTN line would roll-over to the telco voicemail before * would
answer, someone would leave a message, then outbound dialing would fail
until the PSTN voicemail was cleared.  (Now my * answers on first ring
so this isn't a problem anymore.)

Would this have to be done in the Zaptel hardware driver, the chan_zap
code, or somewhere in the mainline code?  I've seen the tone detection
routines in dsp.c, could these be brought to bear?  (Answer in -dev if
this gets off -user subject too much.)

-Johnathan