[Asterisk-Users] Alsa and lag

Tyler Spivey tspivey at pcdesk.net
Thu May 19 18:11:47 MST 2005

My problem is this. I am connected via fwd's iax protocol. I try to call
the echo test, sometimes I get an answer, sometimes not. When I do,
sound is about one second lagged - I still hear the ring about a second
after I get the answering on console message, and the echo test takes
about a second or second and a half to get back the answer. When I use
asterisk with dmix and dsnoop, calling just produces the "killed."
message, and asterisk exits. I'm just looking for a good quality
softphone for the console. Linphone doesn't seem to work properly, and
is kludgy. Can someone help me fix my alsa setup or the alsa driver? I'm
using asterisk CVS.