[Asterisk-Users] DHCP available?

Ronald Wiplinger ronald at elmit.com
Thu May 19 15:46:46 MST 2005

The user is not able to figure out what he has. If you ask him he will
tell you just yes, because he has ADSL.

I was thinking if there would be a possibility to figure out what he
has, by just let him go to our website.

A PHP program could find the remote address and the remote proxy
address. I guess a java program could find out what IP addresses the
user has and what neighbor addresses the users has (arp) and the java
program could make a DHCP request. If the user just submit his data
(findings of the Java), than we would know, if he is using DHCP.

Short is there something available, where the user can easy find out if
he has DHCP?

bye

Ronald