[Asterisk-Users] TE110P without router ???

Manjit Riat manjit at riat.net
Thu May 19 12:00:26 MST 2005

Hi,
  I was going to order the T100P but it is replaced by TE110P. On further
reading the TE110P does not need an external router (The one that separates
the data from pstn lines ?). Has anyone got it configured? And on the wiki
it says that the drivers for some distros don't exist yet. Is redhat
supported?

And if I need to connect a fax machine will the FXO cards on ebay work (I
know to connect a fax a FXS card is needed) or will I need to get a TDM card
(with FXS module) or an ATA. I am trying to stay away from ATA because I
know there are some problems with faxes as faxes are really picky. So having
an ATA means signal from PRI gets converted to SIP at asterisk -> ATA
converts SIP signal back to analog and then sent to fax. Will that work
flawlessly or should I be on the safe side and get a TDM card so that no
VoIP conversion takes place.

thanx