[Asterisk-Users] ACD Methods

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Thu May 19 11:36:05 MST 2005

On Thu, 19 May 2005, Marshall, Ed wrote:

> Can anyone point me in the right direction of info regarding ACD methods
> available in Asterisk.
>
> As far as I can see there are time based ring strategies available but I
> cannot find any info regarding skills based routing or queue priorities.

I don't think there is skill based routing in the standard acd queue
mechanism. We have implemented a matching framework as an addon to the
alternative queue implementation "icd". We use it for a kind of skill
based routing.

A rework of the existing "acd" system seens to be in the works. At the
moment the framework in app_acd makes it very hard to implement
alternative strategies or a lot of other things one would want to add.

Peter