[Asterisk-Users] Two TDM04 with Poweredge

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Thu May 19 09:16:18 MST 2005

I've got a PowerEdge 800 tower server with two of them.  Only five FXO
modules right now, though.

It mostly works.  When I insert the driver I get an NMI, but that appears to
be harmless.  I have to unload and reload the drivers once a week or so,
otherwise the FXO modules tend to eventually stop responding.  I haven't had
any audio quality or interrupt problems, though.

The system gets the job done, but I can't wholeheartedly recommend these
cards.  If I had to do it all over again, I'd consider some other method.
I'm not sure if anything else would be practical, though.  A T1 card plus
channel bank is kind of cost prohibitive for such a small installation.
I've heard good things about the Sipura gateways, but I'm interfacing to a
PBX and need the ability to flash the line for transfers, and I think
Flash() is Zap-specific.