[Asterisk-Users] Forwarding To Cell Phones with Asterrisk PBX

Moody asterisk.user at gmail.com
Thu May 19 07:30:37 MST 2005

Colin,

I'm not sure this helps the problem, if you want to try DIALs the
caller is still left hanging during each 30 or 40 second period.

As for timing the call, be careful of voicemail on busy as I think
you'll find that most cell phone voicemail will also answer if the
line is busy/off/not-in-service.

I have been using the 'press 1 to accept' macro and find it works well
but doesn't address the time issue for multiple destinations. My best
solution to that is a fixed "Please hold while we connect you" message
(and not using 'r' in the DIAL cmd).

I have also tried to use '&' in the DIAL parameter without success as
it does not wait for the macro to complete but rather simply an answer
so Asterisk drops all other outgoing attempts before the macro is
complete.

Am I missing a trick to dial multiple destination over multiple
channels (SIP/IAX) at once and not merge the channels until after the
DIAL macro is complete?

Jonathon