[Asterisk-Users] Ideal Machine

Wiley Siler wsiler at education2020.com
Wed May 18 15:46:30 MST 2005

Hello All,

With the choices of hardware being so varied, I just want to see if
anyone can give a recommendation for hardware specific to my needs.

Here are the specs for what we want the new * server to do....

Support some analog phone lines (figure 4-6) via TDM cards (which we
have)
Support a PRI T1 on a Digium T100 card... (also have but never used)
Support calls via IAX connected to several different providers (Nufone,
LiveVoip, etc, etc...)
Support MeetMe with around 10 concurrent users at any given time.
Usual voicemail and music on hold applications.
No codec translations, uLaw across the board.
IVR of course...

Call volume will be up to 10 incoming calls concurrent with 10 outgoing
calls concurrent with 10 MeetMe sessions.

The question for me starts getting foggy when these things are all
combined.  I have seen plenty of info here for most of these functions
and also on the Wiki.
However, the MeetMe conference room seems to throw a major variable into
this configuration for me.

So, what is the basis of a good system for this?
Will dual processor be utilized if I get a system that is DP?
Is a DP box worth the extra cost or just a waste?
How much memory would be needed for a system to support the (10 in X 10
out X 10 MeetMe scenario I gave)
Is RAID going to be a requirement?

So as not to rehash for anyone tired of hearing about hardware capacity,
please feel free to contact me offlist with your recommended
configuration.
Also, I may be in the market for a pre-configured system if the price is
right.

Thanks,
Wiley