[Asterisk-Users] DEBUG output on sip extensions

Mark Johnson asterisk at astroshapes.com
Wed May 18 05:16:02 MST 2005

Marty Mastera wrote:

> Can anyone help me to understand what the significance of this output is?
>
> May 17 10:50:23 DEBUG[2030]: Didn't get a frame from channel: SIP/105-1ae4
> May 17 10:50:23 DEBUG[2030]: Bridge stops bridging channels
> SIP/105-1ae4 and SIP/outbound-7dc3
>
> I searched for these phrases but am coming up short on what they
> really mean.  I'm trying to investigate problems we are having with
> two separate asterisk installations both using Polycom IP-500 phones.
> These type of messages appear in the logs of both servers.  It almost
> appears as though these messages are normal following completion of a
> call (a hangup), but we are troubleshooting bad audio in both
> locations and the wording of these messages doesn't appear benign.

I am noticing these in my logs also.  I looks like it is the result of
the person hanging up, but I have had a few comlaints of dropped calls
the last few days.  These messages also appear at the times of the
dropped calls.  I have been watching CPU usage and it doesn't look like
my machine was really loaded or anything.

Mark