[Asterisk-Users] How much CPU power needed for asterisk

rsenykoff at harrislogic.com rsenykoff at harrislogic.com
Tue May 17 17:41:48 MST 2005

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote on 05/17/2005 04:40:41 PM:

> Based on this email, I would tell you that you need to set the CPU to
> power setting 14, and top the case off with some fresh oil whenever it
> runs hot.  The point is, the quality of the answer depends on the
> quality of your question, and unfortunately, you didn't provide nearly
> enough information.

Rather than flaming the guy for nicely asking a question (obviously he's
read enough into Asterisk to know what an FSO and FXO card are), maybe do
something constructive and ask a question back. Something like:

What kind of usage do you expect?

What kind of codecs do you want to run (kinds of phones comes in here
too)?

And maybe a comment that while ITX is cool, it ain't for production.

If you want Asterisk to grow, jumping all over somebody new to the
community will push them away. We should be embracing those who have
interest in Asterisk, rather than pushing them away because they aren't
experts from the start.

-Ron