[Asterisk-Users] [OT] POE for Cisco IP Phone and Polycom

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Tue May 17 15:43:16 MST 2005

 This isn't a switch. It's just mid-line injector for POE, but you can
interchange for Cisco and Polycom.

 We deployed them in the network here because we had a number of ports
on the switch that had no need for PoE and we didn't want to pay
Extreme Networks for PoE on ports we knew we weren't going to use it
with.

 http://www.red-hawk.com/network_products/bl8000.htm

 They're not cheap. The 20 port chassis here is about $1000-$1200, but
it is an enterprise grade solution and the other nice part about these
is that each module is hot-swappable so you can replace one port at a
time when/if you blow something.

 Depending on the budget for your project and the ratio of ports that
need PoE vs those that don't in your environment, this may or may not
be a fit for you.

 BJ