[Asterisk-Users] Can't connect to SIP provider

Nick Heinemans nick at heinemans.net
Tue May 17 14:13:36 MST 2005

Hello all,

I've been trying everything I could find, but I can't seem to get my *
server connected to my SIP provider (budgetphone.nl). Here's my sip.conf:
[budgetphone]
port=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
context=from-budgetphone
register => 31307110000:secret at budgetphone.nl/500
type=friend
host=budgetphone.nl
fromuser=31307110000
secret=secret
fromdomain=budgetphone.nl
username=31307110000

And my extensions.conf:
[from-budgetphone]
exten => 500,1,Playback(demo-congrats)
exten => 500,2,Goto(500,1)

Since I don't have an ATA yet, I want to play around with this part first.
But when I start Asterisk and then dial my number from a normal phone, I get
my providers voicemail. I see absolutely nothing on the * console nor in the
logfiles. I added "full => notice,warning,error,debug,verbose" to
logger.conf, but I still see nothing.

I opened up UDP 5060 and UDP 10000:20000 on my firewall and my * server is
hooked up directly to my ADSL, so it has a public IP address.

Sip show peers on the console shows me the following:
Name/username              Host            Dyn Nat ACL Mask             Port
Status
budgetphone/31307110000    81.23.228.150               255.255.255.255  5060
Unmonitored
1 sip peers [1 online , 0 offline]

I'm on a dead-end here, it's probably something very simple I'm overseeing
here but I can't seem to find it. Any ideas what might be wrong? TIA.

Regards, Nick