[Asterisk-Users] Is SKYPE a threat or should we do something(together)

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Tue May 17 11:33:56 MST 2005

Kerry Garrison wrote:

>Skype is to Asterisk as Instant Messaging is to e-mail. Is e-mail dead? Is
>IM a threat? Asterisk is a full featured PBX system, how does this relate to
>a P2P messaging system? How many businesses will be dropping their current
>phone service and having Skype accounts on every desk? I am
>thinking......probably none.

On the other hand, if Asterisk ever supports skype, it could potentially
make skype software a very cool softphone for Asterisk that just works
behind just about any kind of internet connection.

Now that would be nice...

--
Ykoz Un Max - La VoIP en pré-payé!
Essayez gratuitement - 5 crédits offerts.