[Asterisk-Users] Is SKYPE a threat or should we do something(together)

Kerry Garrison kerryg at techdatapros.com
Tue May 17 09:44:07 MST 2005

Skype is to Asterisk as Instant Messaging is to e-mail. Is e-mail dead? Is
IM a threat? Asterisk is a full featured PBX system, how does this relate to
a P2P messaging system? How many businesses will be dropping their current
phone service and having Skype accounts on every desk? I am
thinking......probably none.

-Kerry