[Asterisk-Users] Cisco contract for 7940/7960 firmware access

Mark Johnson asterisk at astroshapes.com
Tue May 17 09:16:04 MST 2005

Joseph wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 14:30 +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
>

>>Thanks for that Mark... doesn't sound promising then :(
>>
>>7910 does not have a SIP image and looks like it never will. I have
>>about 40 of these stupid things that I can't get to work 100% with
>>skinny or sccp. If you ever figure out how, be sure to let me know!
>>
>>Mark
>>

>The sccp looks promising, if some more of us would work on chan_sccp
>maybe we could get somewhere.
>
>It would be good if it could be merged into the main cvs tree and have a
>good bug tracker on it.
>
>Mark, have you tried the latest chan_sccp?

Yeah...  It has good features but I get deadlocks with the phones and it
crashes the whole phone system.  I am sending the developer a 7910 but I
had an emergency * install and I had to get the 7910's working
immediately.  Skinny has been completely stable for me, but alot of the
features are missing/or broken.  I am attempting to build a 2nd * server
so I can do more testing and mail results to the right people so maybe
we can get sccp working better with the 7910's.