[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk - fax - spandsp

Lee Howard faxguy at howardsilvan.com
Tue May 17 08:14:33 MST 2005

On Tue, 17 May 2005, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> Side questions about spandsp... Is it possible to print the fax
> header like what most faxes do (that is: who is sending the fax, how
> many pages are included etc...) I'm not talking about printing
> callerid, often I receive fax from the US (and there's no CallerID
> being displayed then) but my fax machine can print the fax header
> very well.

The "header" here is sometimes called a "tagline".  It's part of the image
that the fax sender transmits.  If the coverpage does not contain this
information then the tagline, in the USA, is required to have the date
and the fax number of the sender.  This is an FCC rule, and a sender can
get fined for not having them.

Lee