[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Credit Card Machines

Adam Lewis supercargo at gmail.com
Tue May 17 05:04:14 MST 2005

Yet another alternative would be to process credit cards over the
Internet.  Of course then you need a PC at the POS, but Internet card
processing is much faster than using the modem in a stand alone
terminal (no dial/negotiation for each transaction)

BTW, from my experience with fax, I would not terminate a modem device
to anything but analog PSTN.  Credit card systems have an even lower
user tolerance for unreliablity...if the CC terminal is unreliable
people will lose trust in the whole system because they will be losing
money.  Just my $0.02