[Asterisk-Users] IAX Jitter

Steven Langley steven at intellinc.co.za
Tue May 17 00:59:01 MST 2005

Hi there

I have a question regarding IAX jitter. I have 3 users on a LAN dialing into
a Meetme conference on an Asterisk box which is also hosted on the LAN. I
have set jitterbuffer = no and tos = lowdelay. Now, for 2 of the users the
audio is fine, but for the 3rd user there is intermittent break up in the
audio when they are receiving. I have had a look at "iax2 show channels" and
for the first 2 users (those with no audio problems), the Jitter is low
(0006ms), and the Lag is relatively high (00070ms). For the 3rd user (the
one with audio breaking up), the Jitter is relatively high (0627ms) and the
Lag is relatively low compared to the others (00012ms).

All of the users are on the same LAN, so can't quite understand the
differences.

Any explanations / ideas would be much welcome.

Thanks

Steven