[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk's clients logon failed if asterisk cannot register on its own sip proxy

lanfei chen jintwo at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 22:14:00 MST 2005

Hi guys,
    I have a linux box. It has two network cards.
I configured it as a router. It uses its WAN to
register onto its own sip proxy and its clients
use its LAN to register onto it. Whenever it cannot
register through its WAN its sip clients(extentions)
will logon failed.

That is, if asterisk cannot be a sip client it cannot
be a sip server, either.
I want it to be a working sip server even if it cannot

logon as a sip client.

Who can give me big help to solve this problem.

Thank you so much.

lanfei