[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and a D/42NS

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Mon May 16 18:21:59 MST 2005

Hello,

The company I work for deploys and manages telecom hardware for small- to
medium-sized businesses. My boss has asked me to investigate Asterisk as a
possible PBX for deploying to customers along with IP phones. The general
layout would be:

 --------------                                     ----------
|    trunk     |            ----------             |  LAN,    |
| (T1/analogs/ |  =======> | Asterisk | =========> |IP phones |

I'm building a test machine right now to experiment with using one of our
analog lines. We have two spare Dialogic D/42NS cards, and I was hoping I
would make one of them work. Has anyone tried that model? I haven't found
any information, good or bad.

The supported hardware list on asterisk.org has the D/41JCT-LS. Is that a
very similar card? Could I "pretend" the D/42NS is a D/41JCT-LS?

Thanks,
Corey