[Asterisk-Users] outlook express intregation

Kerry Garrison kerryg at techdatapros.com
Mon May 16 16:49:56 MST 2005

C F wrote:
> Why would you use outlook express when you could use Outlook? I don't
> think outlook express is worth the effort of click to dial.

>Why use a PC when I could use a mac? I don't think a PC is worth the
effort.
>However, I have to work with the customer and if a customer says "Can it be
used with
>OE?" I don't want to give the answer of "don't use OE, it sucks.
>Use Outlook."

>FWIW, OE launches on my machine in about 3 seconds. O takes about 30. Plus
most people
>don't need all the extras that O provides.

I can think of a number of reasons to use Outlook over OE, but that's not
relevant to the question. What is relevant is that OE supports TAPI dialing
the same as Outlook does. So you could installed the Asterisk TAPI driver
and it should work just fine.

Kerry Garrison
http://techdatapros.com - http://geekgazette.com