[Asterisk-Users] Forwarding To Cell Phones with Asterrisk PBX

Theo Chao theochao at hotmail.com
Mon May 16 13:39:13 MST 2005

Hello,

My company has a 800 number that we use for customer service.  However, instead of having our customer service reps at the office, we route these calls to their cell phones using a service provided by gosolo.com.  However our current system isn't ideal because it will call each number in order causing longer and longer waits when we've got people on the line.   Our goal is to set up a system that allows us to design the way calls into an 800 number are routed out to our cell phones.

I've been reading about Asterisk and VoIP to see if we can better this process by having all the reps called at once, and whichever person answers first handles the call.  It looks like this may be possible with the dial command (http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+DIal)   However, would we be able to forward incoming calls to cellular phones?  The wiki reference for the dial command talks about using channels and the list of possible channels doesn't seem to have an option for cell phones.

Additionally, I've looked at http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20Connecting%20to%20the%20Cellular%20Network to see how to connect Asterisk to a cellular network.  However it looks to me like this is a method to take a call placed to a cell phone and route it so that other home phones could be used instead.  Is there a method to go the other way around and take a call placed to a land line and route it to the cell phone?

Thanks,
Theo