[Asterisk-Users] zttest

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon May 16 13:20:18 MST 2005

> On May 16, 2005, at 14:37, Rich Adamson wrote:
> >> Hi Waldo, it really depends on who you ask - Digium say that anything
> >> less than 99.99% is going to result in problems, but ours
> >> regularly runs
> >> at around 99.98% and we don't have any problems.
> >>
> >> One of our boxes was running at around 99.96% and we had major issues
> >> with the voice quality packing up from time to time.  We disabled
> >> hyper
> >> threading and put the TDM400P on its own IRQ and the results came
> >> back
> >> up over 99.98% (haven't had any problems since).
> >>

> > How do you disable hyper threading (what's the command and where is it
> > placed)?
>
> If this is a Linux box, look at the kernel boot arguments in [lilo|
> grub].conf and append "noht", that disables it. My grub.conf on one
> of my boxes looks like this:
>
> title CentOS (2.4.21-27.0.4.ELsmp)
>          root (hd0,0)
>          kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.21-27.0.4.ELsmp ro root=LABEL=/ noht
>          initrd /initrd-2.4.21-27.0.4.ELsmp.img

Thanks, I added the noht, rebooted, and still get zttest results that
consistently at 99.987793%, both before and after the change. Guess
hyper threading has nothing to do with it on this particular system.

This is a new motherboard and it doesn't indicate anything in the bios
relative to hyper threads either.

Rich