[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice Toll-Free IVR issues

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Mon May 16 12:28:48 MST 2005

kanderson at zee-way.com wrote:

>Perhaps someone else has had this issue. I currently have BroadVoice as my
>SIP provider with two phone numbers. The first number is my primary local
>number; the second is an 877 toll-free number.
>
>The issue is with the IVR abilities. When calling the primary number you
>can press 200 at the main menu and receive my extension. When calling the
>877 number, 200 will result in “that option is invalid”… Heck, just after
>pressing “2” it will give that message. If you press 1 it takes you to the
>support queue. The IVR is set up to give you the sales queue after pressing
>2, but it doesn’t do that either.
>
>Anyone have any ideas?

I remember running into something else that was different for the
tollfree number with BV. IIRC - the supported codecs differed. It makes
me think that the tollfree calls come from a different gateway. They
only allow one SIP device(whether hardware or software) per account
which rules out the most obvious workaround for the problem. Looks to me
like dtmf settings are different on the two gateways/routers they are using.