[Asterisk-Users] SIP Gerenal settings conufsion

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon May 16 02:56:21 MST 2005

> Personally, I'd like to see this changed so there are two 'general'
> sections--one for default parameters to use unless overridden when there
> *is* a peer section below, and a different one to describe parameters to
> use when the remote peer is not previously known.  I know there are ways
> to accomplish this with the existing sip.conf structure but it seems
> very counter-intuitive.

In CVS head you can use the new templates for peers with a section, thus
leaving the [general] settings to unknowns.

You have to set ALL the parameters though, since the channel has it's
own defaults embedded.

Example: If you don't have a context= setting in general, we will use
"default" as the default setting for inbound calls from unknown. THis is
the way asterisk behaves in quite a lot of places in regards to
contexts. So if you do want those calls to be going into a black hole,
you will have to create a black hole context and set it in sip.conf.

Regards,
/Olle