[Asterisk-Users] Re: SpanDSP TXFax and multipage faxes problems (aditional info)

Lee Howard faxguy at howardsilvan.com
Sun May 15 22:13:37 MST 2005

Nenad,

You said that the second page was terminating at some point after the
start of the fax image.  There is no "handshaking" going on after page
image data starts.

Because txfax does not currently support ECM the only reason why a page of
image data would terminate prematurely is because the receiver detected a
carrier drop when there wasn't one.

So, I really can't go into figuring out why things are happening the way
that they are, I'll leave the hypothesizing up to you, but as I have
experience programming fax receivers, I can tell you that the receiver
will only truncate a non-ECM page when a premature carrier drop is
detected.

Lee.