[Asterisk-Users] FXO/FXS suggestions:

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Sun May 15 20:18:04 MST 2005

> Does it work about as well as a PCI FXO interface?

As well if not better, actually. After reading about all the issues
with zaptel hardware (timing, interrupts, echo) I'm staying away from
it. I've installed several SPA 3000's and while the initial config
takes some time to get everything working well (busy detection,
disconnection detection, ...) once it work it just works. Some were
not rebooted since December -- no need to. They just work, and they
work well.

BTW, all these installs connect to a remote * server via DSL, and the
Sipura's deal fine with DSL trouble, echo, jitter and the like. Each
is used as both FXO and FXS interface independently (so trunk and
extension). With re-invite set to yes local calls (calls FXO <-> FXS)
are not routed through the Internet, regardless who initiates the call
-- note, this works only with G711, all other codecs fail mysteriously
(I guess this is the only issue I have with the 3000). Calls between
either port on the SPA and * work with any codec supported by both
ends.

--Luki