[Asterisk-Users] Road Warrior phone config

Robert Goodyear me at jrob.net
Sun May 15 14:16:42 MST 2005

On May 15, 2005, at 1:59 PM, Chris Mason (Lists) wrote:

> I know that part, dialing more than one extension and sending all
> voicemail
> to the same extension, but recovering voicemail is the hard part. On
> the
> Sipura and, I believe, on the Polycom, you configure the voicemail
> extensio,
> e.g., 8500, and the mailbox is derived from the extension yhou are
> dialing
> from. How do you get around that?
>
> Chris Mason
> www.anguillaguide.com
> Tel:  (305) 704-7249 Fax: (815)301-9759

You serious? I typed all that and you were asking about RETRIEVING vm
all along? Wow, I must be really dense today.

So: don't pass calleridnum to extension 8500. Or configure a different
voicemail retrieval exten for roaming users and pass null to
voicemailmain.

Or, even better,  scrape off and discard the fourth extension digit
when parsing calleridnum and handing to voicemailmain.

/rg