[Asterisk-Users] ASTCC does not count all calls

Nabeel Jafferali asterisk-lists at x2n.ca
Sun May 15 10:46:12 MST 2005

> Do you know why this is happening?  What is the problem with the Local
> channel?  If this cannot be fixed, local channel support should be
> removed and soon. :-(

Well, the ASTCC code the way I got it from the CVS checkout has the
following:

$dialstr = "Local/$phone/$res->{path}|30|HL(" . ($maxtime * 60 * 1000) .
":60000:30000)";

This does not work, since it results in, for example,
Dial(Local/14169671111/routes). It should actually be:

$dialstr = "Local/$phone\@$res->{path}|30|HL(" . ($maxtime * 60 * 1000) .
":60000:30000)";

which results in, for example, Dial(Local/14169671111 at routes). However,
there is an added problem with this. Asterisk attempts to bridge the
channels and drops the Local Zombie channel. At this point, ASTCC assumes
the call has ended and it is billed as 0 secs. To fix this, the line should
be:

$dialstr = "Local/$phone\@$res->{path}/n|30|HL(" . ($maxtime * 60 * 1000) .
":60000:30000)";

which would result in the channels not being bridged. This fixed the problem
I was having with 0 sec billed calls.

--
Nabeel Jafferali
X2 Networks