[Asterisk-Users] Fax service (instead of tdm card)

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Sat May 14 01:44:01 MST 2005

> There seem to be a lot of these companies popping up and going away
> again, each with their own limits and flaws.  TrustFax for example, only
> allows you to fax North American numbers.

I still have an account with j2.com and it works fine but has gotten
too expensive ($15/mo). They do fax, conferencing and vmail by the way
and offer numbers worldwide.

I think today's best solution would be the big providers themselves
offering the solution either for your existing DID or as a second
fax-only number. Don't some of them (voicepulse, i connect here) do
this now? I know I will want to replace j2 within the year and have
been trying spandsp for months. It receives spam faxes 100% but a few
customers faxes don't work with it.