[Asterisk-Users] Fax service (instead of tdm card)

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri May 13 15:54:53 MST 2005

FYI to the list....

I gave up (for now) trying to make spandsp work with the digium TDM
card. Instead, I signed up with www.trustfax.com at a cost of $9.95
per year plus $.10/page.  Since we only deal with an estimated 120
pages per year, the total cost of about $22/year seemed like a very
reasonable alternative. (At least until we can find out why the TDM
card does not function properly with spandsp.)

For those that might want to consider the same approach, the TrustFax
service provides a dedicated toll-free number, nice web management
facility, and automatic email of any fax received (in pdf format).
Their site keeps a copy of the incoming fax for some period of time,
so doing an online view or resend is a nice backup. That service
also provides an email-to-fax facility, but when sending a Word
document in that manner, their conversion results in different page
margins which _may_ impact the layout of the original document.

Very very nice service at a very inexpensive overall cost! No more
paper, and no more junk faxes. :)

For what its worth, they also allow you to rebrand the service to
your customers if that's needed.